General Purpose Lease (WA)
- The maximum area is 10 hec, unless the Minister approves a greater area
- GPL must be marked out and are limited of a depth of 15 metres or such other depth that may be specified.
- GPL is for the purposes such as operating machinery, depositing or treat tailings.
- An applcation may be made at the Mining Registrar's Office; or via the MTO
- An application fee and rental is payable
- A statement must accompany the application to include either a development and construction proposal or a statement setting out specific intentions for the lease (s87 and s90)
- The the term of the GPL is 21 years and may be renewed for a further term.
General Purpose Leases