Programme of Work (WA)
The Mining Act 1978 under s55A (for Ps) s69D (for Es), 70IA (for Rs) requires that a Programme of Work (PoW) is lodged in the prescribed manner and approved by the Minister (or a prescribed official) prior to an explorer or prospector conducting any ground disturbing activities with mechanised equipment.
DMIRS have a site explaining environmental regulation requirements' refer to this link Environmental Regulations
- There are 3 types of POWs
- POW-P - a manual form to be completed and submitted hardcopy or online POW-P Application Form and How to submit the Form
- POW-E is being replaced by the POW-S (spatial)
- POW-S (Programme of Work Spatial) is an online lodgement
- Rehabilitation must be done within 6 months of disturbance
- Approvals are valid for 4 years (from the date of the approval letter).
- Extensions of time of the POW need to be made prior to expiry date
- It is important to record in your tenement management system the grant, expiry and end of drilling dates.
- The rehabilitation is to be reported to the DMIRS Rehabilitation Report and report online