Mine Closure Plan (WA)
- All tenements that have an approved Mining Proposal must also have an approved Mine Closure Plan (MCP).
- MCP is prepared in accordance with the Guidelines for Preparing Mine Closure Plans (MCP)
- Approved MCPs must be reviewed after three years or at a time specified by DMIRS
- The updated MCP including any changes must then be submitted again to DMIRS for approval.
- The due date of the revised MCP is specified as a tenement condition.
- MCPs can be lodged electronically with a mining proposal, in hard copy at DMIRS offices or online via DMIRS submissions.